EXCHANGE BITCOIN TO MONERO
What do you need to know?
- The average time for the exchange of BTC to XMR is 10-20 minutes
- You only need 1 confirmation of the Bitcoin blockchain for the exchange
- Bitcoin transaction confirmation speed depends on the level of blockchain network congestion, more in our article
- We use segwit Bitcoin addresses for faster and cheaper transactions, if your wallet does not support this type of address, contact technical support to change the address
- If you have not received Monero, try to wait a bit, some wallets see transactions with a delay. Rebooting a Monero wallet sometimes helps. If all else fails, contact us for technical support.
Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency
Bitcoin is the oldest and most popular cryptocurrency. Its dominance index over other cryptocurrencies ranges from 30% to 80%.
What if I can’t send Bitcoin to your wallet?
Most likely the fact that your wallet does not support sending on SegWit Bitcoin address. We use SegWit, because thanks to this technology, transactions are included in blocks more faster and the miner’s fee is much lower than in other versions, so the transaction is faster and cheaper. You can read about versions and differences of Bitcoin addresses in our article.
If your wallet does not support sending to SegWit addresses, we recommend that you think about changing your Bitcoin wallet, as it uses outdated technology.
Also, if you want to make an exchange you can always contact our support, we will change the wallet address inside your order to the standard one in real time.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
- The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
- You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
Monero is the most anonymous cryptocurrency
Monero runs on the CryptoNote algorithm, unlike public blockchains (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.), when sending it, you can not see the sender, the recipient, or even the amount that was sent. This is possible due to the use of Ring Signatures and Stealth Addresses technologies.
What to do if you did not receive Monero after the exchange?
First, make sure that the order contains data about the transaction sent. In case there is no transaction data, try to wait a bit or contact technical support. Due to the fact that in the Monero network updates from November 30 at the protocol level, funds are blocked until 10 network confirmations are received, delays in payment may sometimes occur.
Secondly, check the synchronization of your Monero wallet. The last block in the wallet should correspond to the number indicated on the MoneroHash website in the «Blockchain Height» field of the «Network» block. If not, try restarting your wallet.
If the order contains the data of the transaction we sent, the wallet is synchronized, but the transaction is not visible in the wallet, contact technical support to request a private viewing key to decrypt the transaction and confirm the sending of funds.
When can I use the resulting Monero?
As mentioned above, in the Monero network updates dated November 30 at the protocol level, funds are blocked until 10 network confirmations are received. That is, until the transaction receives 10 confirmations, it will not be possible to use the funds received. On average, a transaction receives 10 confirmations within 20 minutes.
Transaction processing speed
The average block release time is about two minutes. But sometimes delays do occur, and the block exit time can take 10-20 minutes.